The Global Korea Scholarship invites 220 International Students to Study in Korea Under a Korean Government Scholarship 2022. The GKS Scholarship program for Undergraduate Students to Pursue a Fully Funded Undergraduate Degrees from the Korean Higher Educational Institutions. The KGSP 2022 is open to all Students of any nationality. The GKS Scholarship has 2 Tracks. Embassy track and University Track. You can apply to both of them.
In the embassy track, a total of 125 students will be selected and in University Track 95 Students will be selected. All-Academic Fields and Majors are available. The Duration of the Bachelor’s Degree will be for 5 Years. 1 Year for Language Korea and 4 Years for bachelor. The GKS Scholarship will cover all the Expenses.
You will need to contact the University or Embassy to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as the application deadline, required documents, interview and etc. Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university. However, it is expected to be around late September or early October. Detailed information about the 2022 Global Korea Scholarship GKS-U Scholarship Application Guidelines for Undergraduate Degrees is given below.
Global Korea Scholarship 2022 Details
- Country: South Korea
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- No. of Scholarships: 220
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: End of October 2021
About GKS Scholarship Tracks
Embassy Track: Total Grantees: 115
Embassy Track applicants must submit their application documents to the Embassy of the
The Republic of Korea in their respective countries of citizenship and can apply to all available fields of study offered by 38 designated universities
University Track: Total Grantees: 95
The Regional University Track is only for Natural Science & Engineering Majors. Applicants who plan to apply to GKS through the University Track must submit their applications
to the university of their choice.
Applicants of the University Track must choose the option “General” for the type of application.
Available Fields of Study
- Natural Science
- Liberal Arts & Social Science
- Entertainement & Sports
The KGSP 2022 is a Fully Funded Scholarship to Study in South Korea for all the international Students. The Following Expenses will be covered by the Korean Government.
- Airfare Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance
- Living Allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Language Courses
- Tuition Fees
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Research Support
- Printing Costs (Dissertation)
- Completion Grant
- Nationality: All applicants and their parents must be citizens of the GKS program‟s partner countries that are invited to take part in this program and must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Korean citizens and dual citizenship holders (one who have Korean citizenship and citizenship of another country) are NOT eligible to apply.
- Age: Must be under 25 years of age
- High School Graduates (or expected graduates): Must hold a high school diploma as of February 28, 2022, or must be expected to graduate high school by February 28, 2022.
- Health: All applicants must be in good health, both mentally and physically, to study in Korea for the full duration of degree or research programs.
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Study Plan
- Letters of Recommendation
- GKS Applicants Agreement
- Personal Medical Assessment
- Certificate of High School Graduation
- Proof of Citizenship
- Parents Proof of Citizenship
Embassy Track Applicants: Must submit ONE set of original application documents and THREE sets of photocopied application documents.
University Track Applicants: Must submit ONE set of original application documents.
The Deadline for the Global Korea Scholarship 2022 is Set by Each Korean Embassy or University that Accepts Applications. All applicants must check the deadline for application registration by contacting the relevant embassy or desired university directly.
How to Apply for the GKS-U Scholarship
The Application Process is Detailed and you have to follow all the steps. You can apply via Embassy Track or University Track.
First Procedure Via Embassy:
Any Field of Studies or Major Except Medicine, Dentistry, Architecture, Pharmacy. The embassy will give the procedure and guidelines of what to do
Find the Korean Embassy in Your Country & ask them when they will open Applications. Because all the Korean embassies have to send their selected nominations to NIIED.
Second Procedure Via University:
Only Engineering and Natural Sciences Majors Except for Medicine, dentistry, architecture, the pharmacy can apply Via this Method.
You have to select a university in the given list of universities by KGSP. Apply in that university. University will nominate you as its KGSP candidate and will send names to NIIED and they will select final candidates.
All other information is available on the Official Website of the KoreanbGovernmet Scholarship, To Apply, Please Visit the Official website of the GKS Global Korea Scholarship 2021.