Applications are invited to participate in the International Essay Competition 2019 by the Government of Japan & Goi Peace Foundation. Applicants age from 15 to 25 Years from all Countries with Any Nationality can participate in an International Essay Competition. There is NO participation Fee.
The aim of the Annual Essay Competition in an effort to harness the energy, creativity, and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
Youth (ages 15 – 25) & Children (ages up to 14) are encouraged to participate in this International Essay Competition 2019. The Winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan on November 23, 2019. Let’s go down and Read further details.
International Essay Competition 2019 Details
- Essay Theme: Creating a Society Full of Kindness
- Prizes: Cash Prizes & Trip to Tokoyo
- Organization: The Goi Peace Foundation
- Deadline: June 15, 2019
About Essay Theme
Creating a Society Full of Kindness: What does “Kindness” mean to you? How do you think we can create a kinder society?
Carry out ten acts of kindness, and then use your experience as inspiration in writing your essay (your essay does not need to be about your acts of kindness)
Awards & Prizes
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, a prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of Feb. 2019) … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, a prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of Feb. 2019) and gift … 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
- 1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan on November 23, 2019, and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
- Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given if applicable.
- All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2019, on this website. Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2019
Rules & Regulations
- International essay competitions for university students as well as age for Children.
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2019) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
The Last Date to Apply for the International Essay Competition 2019 is 15th June 2019
How to Apply
Two Methods to Apply. One is through Mailing Your Documents & 2nd is Online. Select Any One Method. Please submit your essay either by postal mail or through the online.
If you wish to submit your entry by postal mail, send to: