Applications are invited by the Goi Peace Foundation for the International Essay Contest Japan 2020. The International Essay Contest Japan is for Young people from around the world with any Nationality. The Winners will be Travel to Japan on a Fully Funded Trip.
Youth (ages 15 – 25) & Children (ages up to 14) are eligible to apply. There is No Application Fee for the Annual Essay Competition. The International Essay Competition is sponsored by the Government of Japan. Winners will be invited to Japan for the Ceremony in November 2020.
The aim of the International Youth Competition is the creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
International Essay Contest Japan 2020 Details
- Essay Theme: “A LETTER FROM MYSELF IN 2030”
- Prizes: Cash Prizes & Free Trip to Tokyo, Japan
- Organization: The Goi Peace Foundation
- Endorsed by: The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, Japan Private High School Federation Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Nikkei Inc.
- Deadline: June 15, 2020
About Essay Theme
“A Letter from Myself in 2030”
Imagine what an ideal world ten years from now would be like. Write a letter from yourself in 2030 to your present (2020) self, in which you describe the state of the world, the way people are living, and what you, yourself, are doing in society. In addition, include any important message that you might wish to tell your present self.
Awards & Prizes:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, a Cash Prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of Feb. 2020) (1 Entrant)
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, a prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of Feb. 2020) and gift (2 Entrants)
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift (5 Entrants)
- Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift (25 entrants)
- 1st Prize Winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan in November 2020 and will receive the Minister of Education Award. (Travel Expenses will be covered by the organizer.)
- Additional awards (Recognition for Effort, Best School Award, School Incentive Award) will be given If applicable.
All prize winners will be announced on October 31, 2020 (Japan time). Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2020.
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2020) in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14) b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
- Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
The last date to apply for the International Essay Contest Japan 2020 is 15th June 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
How to Apply:
The Application Process is Online for the scholarship. To Apply go to the Official website of International Essay Contest Japan given below.