The Applications are now open to apply for the University of Tokyo Summer Internship 2021. The Tokyo Summer Internship is for all International Students from around the world. There is No IELTS Required. The University of Tokyo Internship is organised by the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences. The Duration of the Internship is from June 6 (Mon) to July 16 (Fri), 2021.
The UTSIP Internship is available in diverse Fields. Participants who are studying in the Fields of Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies have the maximum chance of selection.
Approximately 20 Students will Participate this Year. Participants will also be able to experience Japanese culture and world-leading Japanese technology through weekend events and a field trip. You can also apply for the NIG Summer Internship in Japan in 2021. The Full Details about the University of Tokyo Internship is given below.
Details About University of Tokyo Summer Internship
- Country: Japan
- Audience: Undergraduates Students
- Duration: June 6 (Mon) to July 16 (Fri), 2021. (6 Weeks)
- Financial Coverage: Funded
- Deadline: February 1st, 2021
Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies.
Division of Transdisciplinary Sciences
● Advanced Materials Science
● Advanced Energy
● Complexity Science and Engineering
Division of Biosciences
● Integrated Biosciences
● Computational Biology and Medical Sciences
Division of Environmental Studies
● Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
● Environment Systems
● Human and Engineered Environment Studies
● Socio-cultural Environmental Studies
● International Studies
● Graduate Program in Sustainability Science
UTokyo provides a UTSIP scholarship and Accommodation to Participants.
- UTSIP Scholarship Amount: JPY 110,000 (JPY 110,000 is enough for Six Weeks as they will also provide Free Accommodation.
- UTSIP arranges and Pays for the Accommodation
- Health insurance plan GSFS provides:
- Death or Physical Disability benefits: 1 million yen
- Medical Benefits: 1 million yen
- Liability: 100 million yen
- No Airfare Tickets will be Provided.
Notes For Visa Exemption:
If the country of your Nationality and Japan have concluded a Visa Exemption Agreement, then you can enter Japan without a visa. Please check this website of 66 countries with which Japan has such an Agreement.
If the country of your nationality and Japan do NOT have a Visa Exemption Agreement, you require a visa in order to enter Japan. The UTSIP Office will issue the necessary documents that you need to apply for a short-term stay visa.
- Participants must be in their Undergraduate Program at an overseas College or University throughout the entire duration of UTSIP program, and will not have completed their BA/BS degree.
- Participants who are considering matriculating to graduate-level study at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences or other graduate schools at The University of Tokyo, or elsewhere in Japan
- Participants are required to participate in all activities including classes, laboratory work, and special events organized by UTSIP.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of your transcript
- Recommendation letter
- Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of English proficiency (Applicants who are a student at a university where English is the official language)
- Copy of your passport
- Picture in digital data
The last date to apply for the University of Tokyo Summer Internship 2021 is 1st February 2021
How to Apply
You have to apply through the UTSIP online application system. To apply for the Internship, Please Visit the Official website of the UTSIP Summer Internship Program.